Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Do you know what today is??????



YES!!! It is my favorite day of the year! The first day of SUMMER!!!
I love the sunshine and the warm days, it has been just a tad too warm here in Las Vegas, 100* to 115* each day this week....but it won't always be like that.

Summer has always meant no more school/work....you get days where you can lay down on the cool grass and read books, all day long...you don't have to come in from outside  until the street lights come on.....
Summer was a time......
I would wake up on any given day of the week, make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, stop at the library (remember those?) and check out a book, run over to the big park we had and find a quiet place to just sit and read in the grass....oh, I could do that all day! I loved to read when I was young...

Some of my favorite summertime books were:
anything from Judy Blume, Scott Corbett had some fun books about a mailbox trick, baseball trick, about a smart kid who could figure out all kinds of neat things! Oh I miss those summer days....

But, I still know how to enjoy summer, I will never lose that, only now I spend my summer swimming in my very own swimming pool, reading books on my lounge chair in my beautiful backyard, sipping wine when the tiki torches are lit.....




Ahhh, good old summertime....

1 comment:

Colleen Mcgraw said...

you can still go to the library ...we have 2 pretty close by